The best ever M I L K C H O C O L A T E frosting
(highly suggested: on your favourite brownies)
April 20, 2020 | desserts, baking
This recipe is so simple, just need a few pantry ingredients and you don’t need a mixer, just some elbow grease. Use this frosting on top of any brownie recipe and I promise it takes your brownies to another level. My favourite it the Ghirardelli brownie mix, but you can totally use anything here! The recipe will make enough to frost 24 brownies, 12 cupcakes or a 9-inch cake. Double recipe for a larger batch.
Here are some general tips to get you that professional look:
- Line pan with parchment in both directions, overhanging pan, so you can pull them right out without sticking.
- Refrigerate brownies for a few hours before slicing. If you ice brownies, do the same and slice cold.
- When slicing brownies, use chefs knife (not serrated knife). Run knife under hot water periodically, dry, then slice. You’ll get a nice clean cut!
- Store in refrigerator or freeze freeze later. If you’re freeze, wrap in a layer of parchment inside and foil outside, wrap tight and they’ll be ready for you whenever you want.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt optional
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk use more or less as needed
- Whisk butter and cocoa powder in a bowl until smooth. It will take some elbow grease but keep going and it will eventually become smooth. Alternatively, you can use a mixer.
- Add vanilla and sea salt, mix.
- Add powdered sugar, mix well. Shake into bowl what you what you can from whisk and switch over to spatula.
- Add milk, few small drops at a time until reach a creamy consistency. Mix well to get out any lumps and stop when smooth and creamy.