PB CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BALLS
April 6, 2019 | desserts, snacks
This is a new recipe and I have already made it 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I guarantee you will love these. You are basically eating cookie dough, minus the raw egg. And they are pretty satisfying because of the high fibre (oats) and protein (peanut butter) content. You could also throw in some hemp hearts or chia seeds for an extra nutrition boost (protein, fibre, omegas).
- 2 cups Oats quick or whole oats
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup or honey , or you can do half and half
- 1/3 cup Dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in bowl and mix well with spoon. Use your hands to get everything mixed really well. Add chocolate chips and mix again.
- Put bowl into freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove dough from freezer. Grab 1 small handful of mixture at a time. Squeeze firm in the palm of your hand to condense and form into ball. Balls should be about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place balls into container, separating layers with parchment paper. Refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
- Store in refrigerator. Good for 1 week, but they won't last that long!