PURELY SIMPLE ENERGY SQUARES
April 5, 2019 | snacks, gluten-free
If you’re looking for something sweet after dinner or a quick snack on the go, these are perfect. The base is made from oats, coconut and almonds and there is no baking involved! Just mix, refrigerate and slice! I like them best cold, so I recommend storing in the refrigerator, but it’s not absolutely necessary.
- 2 cups whole oats
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup good quality maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 pinches sea salt
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 tsp sea salt optional
- Combine all ingredients in Vitamix or food processor until well combined and smooth.
- Line square 9 x 9 baking dish with parchment.
- Pour mixture onto baking dish and press down evenly with spatula so that it is completely spread out. It should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove from parchment and slice into 1 x 1 inch squares.
- Store in a container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
They can also be stored at room temperature, but they are best eaten cold and will last longer.