Peanut Butter + Banana Breakfast Muffins
April 12, 2019 | baked goods, breakfast
In order to make these muffins a full breakfast, I upped the protein factor by incorporating Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts, peanut butter + Greek yogurt. Plus they’re high in fibre because of the whole grain flour and hemp hearts. As a side note, did you know hemp hearts are an amazing source of fibre, protein and omega 3 & 6 fats?
This recipe is for a large batch of 24 muffins. In my opinion, if you’re already baking, you may as well make more and freeze one batch!
Make them ASAP!!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Line 2 muffins tins with muffin liners.
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl (first 8).
- Mix wet ingredients in large mixing bowl (the remainder fo ingredients).
- Incorporate dry ingredients into wet and mix until well combined.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Keep 6 out and freeze the other 18 for easy quick breakfasts! Microwave or leave out at room temp for 20 minutes and enjoy. As an option you can definitely add chocolate chips! These muffins are quite high in protein and will be a very filling breakfast or snack.